What’s New Today
- RSGS Program, 18 August, 2014, Military Memorials in Kaufman County, Texas
- A Few Words About Searches with New Files Added
- Isaiah Bowers, a Gentle Man and His Times–A new family file submitted by Carrie Woolverton.
- Pages from Family Bibles–Today we have begun a new series of entries with the Family Bible Pages of the Pritchett family of Kaufman County, Texas. As family Bible Pages are submitted, we will add to this series.
- William & Sarah Werrell: A Rich Heritage. A history of related families presented by Carrie Woolverton
- A New Family File: The James Thomas and Frona Small White Family. The White family history compiled in 1983 by Carrie Anne Murphy includes data on the extended Wilson family connections with the families of Small, Taylor, Hope, Duncan, Taylor, Johnson, Kinnamon, Corrick, Leath, Tillman, and Gould.
- The Hopewell Family History: A family history presented by RSGS charter member Marian Tillery.
- “20 Years Ago”–a series of articles reprinted from the Mabank Banner of the 1920s and 30s
- The Southland newspaper devoted to the history and resources of Van Zandt County, Texas. Published c1904
- Another New Family File has been added by Marian Tillery: “The Milton Jared Tillery Civil War Journal”
Monthly Archives: February 2013
The 2013 Root Seekers’ Officers As we enter the 21st year for Root Seekers in Mabank, Texas, we would like you to meet the officers of our society. These are the people who maintain the programs, the library, the seminars, … Continue reading
What was Kaufman County (or for that matter, any county in the US) like in 1910? Did you know that between 1900 and 1910 Kaufman County grew 44.7%? Or that 17% of the households had only one resident? By the … Continue reading
1663 – 1911 Formation of the Counties of North Carolina