What’s New Today
- RSGS Program, 18 August, 2014, Military Memorials in Kaufman County, Texas
- A Few Words About Searches with New Files Added
- Isaiah Bowers, a Gentle Man and His Times–A new family file submitted by Carrie Woolverton.
- Pages from Family Bibles–Today we have begun a new series of entries with the Family Bible Pages of the Pritchett family of Kaufman County, Texas. As family Bible Pages are submitted, we will add to this series.
- William & Sarah Werrell: A Rich Heritage. A history of related families presented by Carrie Woolverton
- A New Family File: The James Thomas and Frona Small White Family. The White family history compiled in 1983 by Carrie Anne Murphy includes data on the extended Wilson family connections with the families of Small, Taylor, Hope, Duncan, Taylor, Johnson, Kinnamon, Corrick, Leath, Tillman, and Gould.
- The Hopewell Family History: A family history presented by RSGS charter member Marian Tillery.
- “20 Years Ago”–a series of articles reprinted from the Mabank Banner of the 1920s and 30s
- The Southland newspaper devoted to the history and resources of Van Zandt County, Texas. Published c1904
- Another New Family File has been added by Marian Tillery: “The Milton Jared Tillery Civil War Journal”
Monthly Archives: October 2012
Thomas P. Andrews’ Company was organized in Post Oak Grove, Kaufman County, Texas, on 27 June 1861. This muster roll for 29 June 1861 was transcribed from Deed Book I in the Kaufman County Clerk’s Office and posted here.
2012 marks the 20th year for the Root Seekers Genealogical Society of Mabank, Texas. After an introductory beginner’s seminar in the summer of 1992, Jim and Corinne Robertson led the interested people in establishing RSGS in the month of September … Continue reading
Muster Roll of Captain Obed Vanpool’s Company of Cavalry, the “Trinity Guard” organized 8th of July 1861 in Precinct 7 which was the southwest precinct of Kaufman County and included what are now the towns of Scurry and Trinidad.