What’s New Today
- RSGS Program, 18 August, 2014, Military Memorials in Kaufman County, Texas
- A Few Words About Searches with New Files Added
- Isaiah Bowers, a Gentle Man and His Times–A new family file submitted by Carrie Woolverton.
- Pages from Family Bibles–Today we have begun a new series of entries with the Family Bible Pages of the Pritchett family of Kaufman County, Texas. As family Bible Pages are submitted, we will add to this series.
- William & Sarah Werrell: A Rich Heritage. A history of related families presented by Carrie Woolverton
- A New Family File: The James Thomas and Frona Small White Family. The White family history compiled in 1983 by Carrie Anne Murphy includes data on the extended Wilson family connections with the families of Small, Taylor, Hope, Duncan, Taylor, Johnson, Kinnamon, Corrick, Leath, Tillman, and Gould.
- The Hopewell Family History: A family history presented by RSGS charter member Marian Tillery.
- “20 Years Ago”–a series of articles reprinted from the Mabank Banner of the 1920s and 30s
- The Southland newspaper devoted to the history and resources of Van Zandt County, Texas. Published c1904
- Another New Family File has been added by Marian Tillery: “The Milton Jared Tillery Civil War Journal”
Monthly Archives: March 2012
New York Times Article-Wanda Sykes
McClain Gift to Paula Davis Genealogical Library This note came from Julie Gustafson: “This is Mrs. Edna McClain who was in the Genealogy Room on Tuesday 17 January 2012 to donate again. She brought in books on Ohio. Her generosity … Continue reading
2012 RootsTech Friday Seminars February 3, 2012 We have scanned the program for Friday, February 3, 2012, which will give you an overview of each of the seminars held on that day. If you find one that interests you, you … Continue reading
Charter Members List & Photographs Needed Here is a list of the charter members of Root Seekers as listed in first edition of the Newsletter published in 1993. Bob Stokes would like to have pictures of these people to include … Continue reading
Scenes from the Paula Davis Genealogical Library